[Python-3000] Support for PEP 3131 (some links to evidence of usage within communities)

Guillaume Proux gproux+py3000 at gmail.com
Wed May 16 19:14:03 CEST 2007

Hi Collin,

Sorry did not mean to hurt your feelings.

On 5/17/07, Collin Winter <collinw at gmail.com> wrote:
> I speak three languages. It's insulting to allege that my opposition
> to this proposal is somehow based in English-language cultural
> imperialism or some other politically-correct nonsense.

I was just trying to point out the fact that the people who are likely
the most to be impacted by this PEP3131 are *exactly* the same that
will not write up pages in English or any kind of latin languages. I
did not really want to mean anything attacking your knowledge and
capabilities.

My point is: If you really want to understand the benefit of PEP3131
for Japanese people as seen from their eyes, I believe that you have
no choice but to either: learn japanese or try to get by with
automatic japanese->english translating tools and that you should not
complain about the links being in Japanese: this is exactly the reason
why people would love python being able to speak their own language.

Regards,

Guillaume