[Python-3000] Support for PEP 3131 - discussion on python zope users group

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Wed May 16 21:14:36 CEST 2007

Yeah, I've decided for myself that similar-looking characters are a
non-issue. They are a real problem in domain names because spammers
use them to fool users into believing they're going to the real ebay.
But source code just doesn't have that attack model. There are lots of
characters that look the same already -- 1/l/I, o/O/0, in some fonts
{/( and )/}. We deal with them.

--Guido