[Python-3000] Raw strings containing \u or \U

Ron Adam rrr at ronadam.com
Wed May 16 22:01:01 CEST 2007

Steven Bethard wrote:

> I actually wasn't able to find something I couldn't translate.  It
> would be helpful to have another set of eyes if anyone has the time.

I have a patch against (*) 2.6 tokanize.py that ignores '\' characters in
raw strings.  This has two effects.  A matching quote, """, ''', ", ', of
the type that started the string closes the string even if it is preceded
by a back slash, and a back slash can end a raw string.  No changes to
regular string behavior was made.

I'll try to make a patch against the python 3000 branch and uploaded so it
can be used for testing.  (Unless of course someone else has already did it.)

Ron

* I didn't have the python 3000 branch on my computer at the time.