[Python-3000] PEP 3131 - the details

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue May 22 00:31:36 CEST 2007

> How about this: *require* the LEFT-TO-RIGHT MARK after
> every sequence of RTL characters outside a string or
> comment; and *forbid* all other Cf characters.
>
> This is just as conservative, but supports RTL-language
> identifiers better. It prevents all the "stupid bidi tricks"
> I know of (abc = cba and so forth).

This is indeed more conservative, and I could happily put it
in the PEP, but again I prefer not to do so without an explicit
confirmation from a user of such a language that this actually
helps anything.

tomer's comment (that you need the mark even inside an identifier)
has puzzled me.

Regards,
Martin