[Python-3000] Support for PEP 3131

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri May 25 06:35:58 CEST 2007

Ka-Ping Yee schrieb:
> On Fri, 25 May 2007, [ISO-8859-1] "Martin v. L�wis" wrote:
>> Please *do* consider the needs of the people who want to actively
>> use the feature as well. Otherwise, you have no chance of understanding
>> what will make everyone happy.
>
> People who want to use the feature can turn it on.  I don't see what's
> so unreasonable about that.

People who want to use the feature would have to know that it is only
present if you turn it on. It's like saying "you can use hexadecimal
integer literals, but you have to turn them on". This wouldn't work:
people try to use them, find out that it won't work, and assume
that it's not supported.

Regards,
Martin