[Python-3000] Support for PEP 3131

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri May 25 09:14:55 CEST 2007

> However you characterize them, keep in mind that those in the former
> group are asking for default behaviour that 100% of Python users
> already use and understand.  There's no cost to keeping identifiers
> ASCII-only because that's what Python already does.

How does adding conditionality make the language easier to understand?
It seems you are still asking for a fork in the language. I very much
resist to the notion that forking the language is desirable (for
whatever reasons).

> I think that's a pretty strong reason for making the new, more complex
> behaviour optional.

Thus making it simpler????? The more complex behavior still remains,
to fully understand the language, you have to understand that behavior,
*plus* you need to understand that it may sometimes not be present.

Regards,
Martin