[Python-3000] Support for PEP 3131

Guillaume Proux gproux+py3000 at gmail.com
Fri May 25 15:53:00 CEST 2007

One issue with the command line argument (and that unfortunately
applies ONLY to the -U case) that i haven't seen properly answered to
is..

On 5/25/07, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen at xemacs.org> wrote:
> SyntaxError: 'non-ASCII identifier: invalid unless enabled with the -U option'

Am I the only person on Earth to routinely start my python programs by
double clicking on them??  I don't think my daughter would be able to
understand what happens if the program does not start.

In another similar universe, the mutant python little brother Boo is
not seeing much flames erupt from the uncontroversial proposal to
enable unicode for identifiers...
 http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/BOO-633

Cheers,

Guillaume