[Python-3000] plat-mac seriously broken?

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Fri Nov 2 07:37:35 CET 2007

On 1 Nov, 2007, at 22:51, Neal Norwitz wrote:

> On Nov 1, 2007 7:31 AM, Ronald Oussoren <ronaldoussoren at mac.com>
> wrote:

>>> Which reminds me -- what version of Python is in Leopard?
>>
>> 2.5.1 + most of the patches that will be in 2.5.2 + some additional
>> patches by Apple. AFAIK the latter are some patches to support their
>> build machinery and patches that add support for DTrace.
>
> Should any of the Apple changes be merged into the 2.5 branch?

I haven't seen their patches yet, but I'd like to keep the python.org
close to whatever Apple ships (at least featurewise) to make it easier
to move my code to later versions of Python without loosing usuful
functionality in the process (and DTrace&friends promise to be very
useful during development and tuning)

Ronald