[Python-3000] need help fixing broken tests in py3k-pep3137 branch

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Sat Nov 3 12:29:24 CET 2007

Brett Cannon wrote:
>> test_import (*)
>
> This is passing for me on OS X 10.4.

It passes on my Ubuntu box, too. But on Guido's Ubuntu box it's failing.
It's also failing on Windows but that's expected. I added the test to
verify a bug that prevents Windows to load modules from a sys.path entry
with non ASCII letters.

Georg has told me that I shouldn't add tests that are known to break.
The test seems to be locale dependent, too.

Guido, what's the output of the locale command on your box?

Christian