[Python-3000] need help fixing broken tests in py3k-pep3137 branch

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Sun Nov 4 01:19:06 CET 2007

On 11/3/07, Larry Hastings <larry at hastings.org> wrote:

>  Guido van Rossum wrote:
>  3. a new name for all types supporting the "buffer API"
>  "supporting the __call__ API" == "callable"
>  "supporting the iterator API" == "iterable"
>  "supporting the buffer API" ==... "bufferable" ?

I don't think so, since what you do with it isn't called "buffering".
That verb exists but has a different meaning -- it applies to the
things you put into the buffer, while here we're talking about the
buffer. In fact, buffer isn't really a great name for it -- an opaque
container of bytes is more like it.