[Python-3000] need help fixing broken tests in py3k-pep3137 branch

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Sun Nov 4 08:22:27 CET 2007

On 11/3/07, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
> On 11/2/07, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
> > In the py3k-pep3137 branch I've been working on the implementation of PEP 3137.
> > The work is largely done, but I'm stuck with about 20 failing tests,
> > and very little time this weekend to work on these. Here's the list:
>
> ... now updated:
>
> test_bsddb3

The big failure spewing out all of this stuff about an assert in
getGenre() failing is because the code in
Modules/_bsddb.c:_db_associateCallback() uses "y#' to build an
argument tuple when the test expects a bytes type and not a buffer
type.  Now I searched in Python/modsupport.c and there is not a single
PyString_*() call in there.  What format string are we supposed to use
for PyString/bytes instances?  Should we change 'y' from
PyBytes/buffer to PyString/bytes, or add yet another format string?

-Brett