[Python-3000] Python 3.0a2 release

Amaury Forgeot d'Arc amauryfa at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 00:06:56 CET 2007

Guido van Rossum wrote:
> Is there anything that you (or anyone else!) would really like to see
> added to or fixed in 3.0a2? Now's the time!

I am currently having a look at http://bugs.python.org/issue1460 .
It's a problem in the utf-7 decoder (there is no such function
PyUnicode_DecodeUTF7Stateful), but I was surprised to see that
codec.StreamReader duplicates a lot of code already present in io.py:
an underlying binary stream, a decoder, a buffer (of 72 chars), some
code to handle \r\n and so on.

I wonder if it is possible to remove this class: are there differences
between codec.StreamReader and io.TextIOWrapper ?

--
Amaury Forgeot d'Arc