[Python-3000] Python 3.0a2 release

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Nov 20 22:30:19 CET 2007

> I believe Martin has always been the strongest advocate of the "CRT
> must match exactly" position (apologies, Martin, if I've
> misremembered). Maybe he could comment.

See my other comment. For the "unwashed masses", this statement (CRT
must absolutely match), is certainly my recommendation. For some
people, this can be extended to "unless you know precisely what you
are doing".

Python 2.5 distutils supports the mode "I know what I'm doing",
so distutils only imposes the restriction on people who fail to
read and understand the documentation.

Regards,
Martin