[Python-3000] PEP 3137 plan of attack

Thomas Lee tom at vector-seven.com
Wed Oct 10 05:59:21 CEST 2007

I was having weird problems with the codec registry too - specifically
the assertion checking unidata_version == "3.2.0" mysteriously failing
after forcing string/unicode equality checks to return false. Thought
maybe unidata_version somehow got a str8 version or something weird like
that ... haven't looked into it at all though.

I'll be taking another look tomorrow night. I'll try to give your patch
a test run then and see if I can help at all if somebody else hasn't
already sorted it out.

Cheers,
Tom