[Python-3000] Failing unit tests on WIndows

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Tue Oct 23 10:08:12 CEST 2007

Giampaolo Rodola' wrote:
> Most error seems to be attributable to Unicode-related problems:
>
> UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode bytes in position xx-yy:
> invalid data
>
> The following tests DO NOT fail on my Windows XP prof sp2 box:
> test_sqlite, test_strptime, test_tarfile, test_threaded_import,
> test_threadedtempfile, test_time, test_urllib, test_zipfile.

A bunch of tests are already fixed (r58590 and r58593). Some of the
failing tests depend on the locale and time zone. They don't break when
I "set TZ=GMT" on the console before I run the test suite.

257 tests OK.
15 tests failed:
    test_codeccallbacks test_csv test_ctypes test_dumbdbm test_file
    test_fileinput test_gettext test_io test_mailbox test_netrc
    test_pep277 test_strptime test_subprocess test_tempfile test_time
48 tests skipped:
    test__locale test_aepack test_applesingle test_bsddb test_bsddb3
    test_codecmaps_cn test_codecmaps_hk test_codecmaps_jp
    test_codecmaps_kr test_codecmaps_tw test_commands test_crypt
    test_curses test_dbm test_dl test_fcntl test_fork1 test_gdbm
    test_grp test_ioctl test_largefile test_macostools test_mhlib
    test_nis test_normalization test_openpty test_ossaudiodev
    test_pipes test_plistlib test_poll test_posix test_pty test_pwd
    test_resource test_scriptpackages test_signal test_socket_ssl
    test_socketserver test_ssl test_syslog test_threadsignals
    test_timeout test_urllib2net test_urllibnet test_wait3 test_wait4
    test_xmlrpc_net test_zipfile64
3 skips unexpected on win32:
    test_ssl test_syslog test_bsddb

With set TZ=GMT test_time and test_strptime pass.

Christian