[Python-3000] status of buildbots

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 08:13:46 CET 2007

We've made a lot of progress with the tests.  Several buildbots are
green.  http://python.org/dev/buildbot/3.0/

There are some tests that are unstable, at least:
   test_asynchat test_urllib2net test_xmlrpc
http://python.org/dev/buildbot/3.0/g4%20osx.4%203.0/builds/170/step-test/0
http://python.org/dev/buildbot/3.0/MIPS%20Debian%203.0/builds/81/step-test/0
http://python.org/dev/buildbot/3.0/x86%20FreeBSD%203.0/builds/126/step-test/0

I would really like to get these flaky tests fixed so they don't
create false positives.  It will help us greatly to move forward.  I
think these failures can occur on all platforms, so nothing special is
required and it should be just fixing the test (all python code).

Other platform specific problems:

Windows has more problems, with these tests failing:
   test_csv test_dumbdbm test_gettext test_mailbox test_netrc
test_pep277 test_subprocess
http://python.org/dev/buildbot/3.0/x86%20XP%203.0/builds/190/step-test/0

Win64 has a few more:
    test_csv test_dumbdbm test_fileinput test_format test_getargs2
    test_gettext test_mailbox test_netrc test_pep277 test_subprocess
test_winsound
http://python.org/dev/buildbot/3.0/amd64%20XP%203.0/builds/183/step-test/0
(This link is old.  There were other problems with the bot.)

There might be patches for one or more of these problems, but I'm not
sure if they work.