[Python-3000] C API for ints and strings

Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk qrczak at knm.org.pl
Sat Sep 8 19:00:39 CEST 2007

I see that PyInt_* functions are aliases for PyLong_*. Which ones
should I use for the long term? There are no PyInt equivalents of
PyLong_FromLongLong nor PyLong_AsLongLong.

Should I continue to use PyUnicode_* functions for the new str?

What is the status of the str8 type? Is it kept temporarily until the
modules are updated to Python3 str, or it is an official immutable bytes
type? Its repr uses s'...' syntax which is not supported by the parser.

Why is _PyLong_FitsInLong private? In order to convert a Python3 int to
another numeric representation, I would like to check if it fits in a C
long, and convert via a string only if it does not. Should I use
PyLong_AsLong + PyErr_Occurred?

--
   __("<         Marcin Kowalczyk
   \__/       qrczak at knm.org.pl