[Python-3000] ordered dict for p3k collections?

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Fri Sep 14 22:34:01 CEST 2007

Mark Summerfield wrote:
> (Personally I've never needed an insertion-ordered dict.)

Then you've never programmed in PHP I take it.  PHP's one-size-fits-all
data structure is an insertion-ordered dict; PHP programmers use it
everywhere a Python programmer might use a dict /or/ a list.  I've had
one or two people tell me having both behaviors in one object is "really
useful every-so-often", though they didn't go into any more detail.
Can't really see the advantage, myself.

/larry/