[Python-3000] Stackless anyone ?

Talin talin at acm.org
Tue Sep 18 04:32:47 CEST 2007

Terry Reedy wrote:
> "Sascha Peilicke" <sasch.pe at gmx.de> wrote in message
> news:1189949664.5502.3.camel at schlepp...
> | is or has there been any discussion about stackless and py3k?
>
> No.  C. Tismer has focused his current efforts on PyPy.

That seems like the right strategy to me. Rather than focusing on a
specific implementation, it seems better to me to work on an abstract
representation of the Python language which can be "rendered" into
various implementations.

I think for those people in that other thread about threads (which I
won't mention by name for fear of bringing that thread over here), that
the ultimate solution to Python concurrency won't be via patching
CPython, but to compile the meta-Python language to a back-end
representation that is inherently  concurrent.

-- Talin