[Python-3000] PEP 3115: Actual use cases for odd metaclasses? Alternate syntax.

Charles Merriam charles.merriam at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 18:37:05 CET 2008

Well, I'm explicitly dropping this.   So far no one has pointed out
any use cases that are not equivalent to intercepting an array of the
namespace in the __init__() of a  subclass of type, then calling
type's __init__() on the modified namespace.   Still, I do get a level
of snarky insults that leads me to believe this would involve dealing
with people who like the metaclass definition syntax to be hairy.

Good luck!

Charles