[Python-3000] Announcing the Python core sprint at PyCon 2008

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Tue Jan 29 02:20:09 CET 2008

As has occurred since the inception of PyCon, there will be a sprint
on the Python core at this year's conference!

If you will be attending PyCon (or will be in Chicago during the dates
of the sprints), attending the sprint is a great way to give back to
Python. Working on Python itself tends to deepens one knowledge of the
language and the standard library. Plus it is just plain fun getting
to sit around some tables with fellow Python programmers for several
days (the sprint will last four days, but you do not need to attend
all four days to participate).

The sprint is open to everyone of all skill levels. We can always use
help with things from updating documentation to preparing for the next
release of Python 3.0.

On Sunday evening of the conference there will not only be a sprint
intro session, but also a tutorial on how to develop for Python.
Details will be covered from where to look in the code base for things
to some best practices tips.

If you are interested enough to want to sign up to attend, please go
to http://wiki.python.org/moin/PyCon2008/SprintSignups/Python and add
your name and email address. If you have questions you may email me.

Please sign up for the sprint by the end of February as an email on
what you need to do beforehand will be sent at that time based on the
sprint sign-up page.

And if you are not attending PyCon, we will most likely have several
people in attendance on IRC, thus allowing even people not at PyCon to
participate!

-Brett Cannon
Python core sprint coach, PyCon 2008