[Python-3000] wrong md5 checksum

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Jul 2 22:14:30 CEST 2008

> I downloaded the file with firefox on linux.  My md5sum agrees with
> yours.  I'd say there is a typo on the downloads page as the chance of
> an incorrect file with an md5sum which differs by only 2 bits is
> astronomically small.

I can confirm that the result that you all got is the correct one,
and I just corrected it on the web page.

I'm puzzled how this might have happened. It's clearly not a typo,
since I copy-pasted the md5sum from the shell output to the text
editor. In the subversion source of the page, it was already
incorrect, so some bit loss must have occurred in the editor, or
the cut-n-paste - which in itself is frightening.

Regards,
Martin