[Python-3000] Reminder: beta 2's schedule for tomorrow

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Tue Jul 15 20:38:27 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 5:32 AM, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:

> A reminder: the second betas of Python 2.6 and 3.0 are schedule for
> tomorrow.  I will try to hang out on #python-dev today and will start
> looking at the trackers and buildbots.  Hopefully, we're on track to get the
> releases out!
>
> If there is anything you need a decision on, please follow up to this
> thread.  I'm inundated with email so I can't watch every thread on the
> mailing lists.  Or ping me on #python-dev.

The new urllib package landed between the last beta and now, but
without fixers. Issue3316 has potential ones, but they have some
tweaks that need to be made before they are release quality. If the
beta goes out 2to3 will not be able to fix imports for urllib and
urllib2. Don't know if that is enough to hold up the release or just
something to put in the release notes that this will be resolved by
the next beta; made it a release blocker to catch your eye, Barry. =)

Oh, and fixers for test.test_support to test.support is not in either,
but this is probably such a small use case outside the core that I am
not sweating bullets for writing a new fixer just for this one case.

-Brett