[Python-3000] commit access request

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 07:09:27 CEST 2008

Antoine Pitrou wrote:
> I swear I'll do all my possible to live up to the responsibilities that come
> with those powers. Actually the prospect of breaking something by mistake makes
> me a bit anxious, so please forgive me in advance.

The moment you check something in by mistake is the moment you will
truly understand why atomic commits are such a wonderful thing :)

I recently spent an hour reverting a mistaken CVS checkin (meant to
check in one file, checked in the whole working tree instead) that could
have been reverted with a single command in SVN.

Cheers,
Nick.

P.S. I highly recommend bookmarking the dev FAQ Brett linked in another
post. It contains several useful subversion tips and tricks.