[Python-3000] Silent failing unit tests.

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Mon Mar 3 04:28:28 CET 2008

On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 6:33 PM, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 5:56 PM, Alexandre Vassalotti
>  <alexandre at peadrop.com> wrote:
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  >  Since I got some free time during my study break, I started to work
>  >  again on my stuff. Hopefully, I finish off pickle. :-) Anyway, I found
>  >  weird while merging the py3k branch into my private branch. I found
>  >  some failing unit tests that don't report any failure when run with
>  >  regrtest:
>  >

>  On OS X 10.5:
>
>  >  test_pty
>
>  Failing.
>
>  >  test_largefile
>
>  Wasn't even executing tests! Must now that has been patched in r 61191
>  it is failing. =)
>

>  >  test_ossaudiodev [this one has been known to fail for while now]
>  >  test_pep247
>
>  Failing.
>
>  Don't know why regrtest is not picking up the failures.

test_pty's failure was not showing up because it is was due to the
test consuming verbose output. When run under regrtest there is no
verbose output, so the offending code was never triggered.

test_pep247 was not triggering as it is not designed to execute in any
way other than a a main module. This has been fixed in r61195 in the
trunk so it can get forward-ported.

-Brett