[Python-3000] Using *a for packing in lists and other places

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 19:21:19 CET 2008

Guido van Rossum wrote:
> What do people think?

I think this idea (or variants thereof) has been suggested a few times
over the years, and I don't think the arguments against it have ever
been particularly compelling. The difference this time is that PEP 3132
has done the work of thrashing out some of the semantic details, and
Thomas has provided an actual working patch to make it happen :)

So +1 here, even though I expect style guides will end up discouraging
some of the more obscure possible uses.

Cheers,
Nick.