[Python-3000] [Python-Dev] 2.6 and 3.0 project management

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Sun Mar 16 18:13:42 CET 2008

On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 11:51 AM, Benjamin Peterson
<musiccomposition at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's just depends on how you see the tracker. It's not just to "bug" tracker
> anymore, is it? On other projects I've worked with, we had separate areas
> for bugs, features, and tasks. (yes, it's SourceForge.) I found it easier to
> keep organized. However, if this is Python's way, I'm not going to stand in
> it.

Ah, sourceforge. I am so glad we're not using that any more. The
random separation between patches and bugs was more a distraction
rather than a feature; often bugs turn into patches or patches turn
out to be useless except for the fact that they highlight a bug...