[Python-3000] python-safethread project status

Marcin ‘Qrczak’ Kowalczyk qrczak at knm.org.pl
Tue Mar 18 20:13:26 CET 2008

Dnia 18-03-2008, Wt o godzinie 11:24 -0600, Adam Olsen pisze:

> If they need access to containing objects the only option is to use
> the underlying tool, deathqueues.

Deathqueues are a part of python-safethread, right?

Interesting, but just like the finalization design, the design with
weakrefs being added to deathqueues instead of using weakref callbacks
is exactly what I consider the right design of weakrefs (or actually
it's a superset of my design which does not include a blocking wait).

I see that you are implementing thread interrupts, which might be the
third thing that you are doing my way, and I am beginning to worry about
these coincidences. The interrupts seem to be unfinished in the patch
available to download, and the anonymous SVN is empty...

--
   __("<         Marcin Kowalczyk
   \__/       qrczak at knm.org.pl
    ^^     http://qrnik.knm.org.pl/~qrczak/