[Python-3000] Python source code on Bazaar vcs

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Thu Mar 20 21:58:33 CET 2008

Barry Warsaw schrieb:
> I'm happy to announce that we now have available for public
> consumption, the Python source code for 2.5, 2.6 and 3.0 available
> under the Bazaar distributed version control system.

Thank you very much to Barry and the rest of team! Great work!

Ubuntu users have to install a newer version of bzr before they can
check out the sources:

sudo vi /etc/apt/sources.list.d/bzr.list
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/bzr/ubuntu gutsy main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/bzr/ubuntu gutsy main

sudo apt-get update

#  --force-yes because the packages aren't signed yet
sudo apt-get --force-yes -y install bzr bzr-gtk bzrtools

Also read https://launchpad.net/~bzr/+archive and
http://bazaar-vcs.org/DistroDownloads

Christian