[Python-3000] Reminder: last alphas next Wednesday 07-May-2008

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Thu May 1 23:27:52 CEST 2008

Barry Warsaw schrieb:
> This is a reminder that the LAST planned alpha releases of Python 2.6
> and 3.0 are scheduled for next Wednesday, 07-May-2008.  Please be
> diligent over the next week so that none of your changes break Python.
> The stable buildbots look moderately okay, let's see what we can do
> about getting them all green:

I like to draw some attention to two features for the last alpha:

PEP 370: Per user site-packages directory
http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0370/

Alternative memory allocation for ints, floats and longs using PyMalloc
instead of the current block allocation. The issue has been discussed in
great length a few months ago but without a final decision.
http://bugs.python.org/issue2039

Christian