[Python-3000] [Python-Dev] Reminder: last alphas next Wednesday 07-May-2008

Fred Drake fdrake at acm.org
Sun May 4 01:34:03 CEST 2008

On May 3, 2008, at 7:51 AM, skip at pobox.com wrote:
> Fred asked for a --prefix flag (which is what I was voting on).  I
> don't
> really care what you do by default as long as you give me a way to
> do it
> differently.

What's most interesting (to me) is that no one's commented on my note
that my preferred approach would be that there's no default at all;
the location would have to be specified explicitly.  Whether on the
command line or in the distutils configuration doesn't matter, but
explicitness should be required.

   -Fred

--
Fred Drake   <fdrake at acm.org>