[Python-3000] [Python-Dev] Reminder: last alphas next Wednesday 07-May-2008

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven asmodai at in-nomine.org
Fri May 2 07:07:20 CEST 2008

-On [20080501 22:27], Barry Warsaw (barry at python.org) wrote:
>Time is running short to get any new features into Python 2.6 and
>3.0.

Is there a reliable way to identify 32-bits and 64-bits Windows from within
Python? I have not found any yet, but it might be a mere oversight on my
behalf.

The reason I ask is that both return win32, which is most likely a reference
to the API, even when having installed the 64 bits Python version. This, of
course, by using win32 causes some issues with, for example, setuptools
since it generate an egg with a win32 identifier. Now if you have Python C
extension code it will be 64-bit compiled, thus not working on 32-bits
Windows.

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a
philosopher.