[Python-3000] PEP 3138- String representation in Python 3000

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull at sk.tsukuba.ac.jp
Tue May 20 01:07:55 CEST 2008

Joel Bender writes:

A lot, but I don't understand why.  You seem to have a completely
different pattern (and Python 2, not Python 3) in mind, but in fact as
far as I can see the only point of conflict is that if the "registry
of string names" proposal were adopted, you'd have trouble using the
method name 'transform' as you would like to.

There's nothing in the registry proposal that prevents you from
calling functions by name, or writing polymorphic transformers, etc.