[Python-3000] suggestion: structured assignment

allyourcode at gmail.com allyourcode at gmail.com
Thu May 29 19:51:13 CEST 2008

This is in response to Stefan Behnel, who wrote

----

Tutorial section on "tuples and sequences", not quite the most hidden place in
the universe.

http://docs.python.org/tut/node7.html#SECTION007300000000000000000

Stefan

----

I just read that section twice and no where does it mention that
Python does what I was suggesting. In fact, by the discussion on
sequence unpacking, it seems to imply that Python does *not* do what I
wanted.

PS: Sorry for letting all of this sarcasm get under my skin and clog
up the mailing list, but it's really mean spirited and unnecssary.