[Python-3000] [Python-Dev] Proposed revised schedule

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Tue Sep 9 04:12:23 CEST 2008

    Raymond> With the extra time, it would be worthwhile to add dbm.sqlite
    Raymond> to 3.0 to compensate for the loss of bsddb so that shelves
    Raymond> won't become useless on Windows builds.

My vote is to separate 2.6 and 3.0 then come back together for 2.7 and 3.1.
I'm a bit less sure about adding dbm.sqlite.  Unless Josiah's version is
substantially faster and more robust I think my version needs to cook a bit
longer.  I'm just not comfortable enough with SQLite to pronounce my version
fit enough.  I only intended it as a proof-of-concept, and it's clear it has
some shortcomings.

Skip