[Python-africa] DjangoGirls Nigeria (Lagos) 2016

Chukwudi Nwachukwu hsysinfo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 14:19:21 EST 2016

Good day all,

I'm happy to inform you of the successful hosting of the maiden edition of
DjangoGirls Lagos. It was a wonderful event and Aisha, Bayo and many others
did wonderfully well. Great thanks to them.

The tutors were very helpful too and I could see smiles on the faces of the
attendees. We thank Naomi, Loek, PSF and others who might have contributed
to the success of it.

After the event we had a meet up and a dinner at a chosen hotel where we
also talked at the table: it was fun. After everything, we set up a slack
channel to ease communications and we hope to grow through that at finally
hold a Pycon Nigeria.

We also decided to work on a viable open source project which would have
many contributors. Bayo wants Aisha and I to also help out with
administering the email list of Nigeria: a role which I have gladly
accepted.

Aisha Bello, a very nice lady, discussed Pycon South Africa with me and
I've thought it over. If possible, I would like to attend.

I'm Chukwudi, a Python programmer with over 12 years experience coding all
sorts of applications in Python.