[Python-africa] Good Python hosting?

Iwan Vosloo iwan at reahl.org
Mon Jul 25 15:41:40 EDT 2016

Chavoux,

On 25/07/2016 20:34, Mike Manuthu wrote:
> You could also try Heroku.

> On 25 Jul 2016, at 9:26 PM, Humphrey <hbutau at msn.com
> <mailto:hbutau at msn.com>> wrote:
>>
>> You can try http://pythonanywhere.com.

I also heartily recommend one of these if you can get away with it
(perhaps Ibrahim's webfaction is similar). We have been running our own
servers for years and it is really a pain. We're in the process of
playing with PythonAnywhere as an alternative and I really like the fact
that is very similar to running your own server, but without the
nonsense. You have a terminal, you have a uwsgi process and you can
create a virtualenv. Precisely the stuff we do on a real server anyways.

Regards
- Iwan

--
Reahl, the Python only web framework: http://www.reahl.org