[Python-africa] PyCon ZA 2017 - Call for Speakers

Neil Muller drnlmuller+python at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 04:36:18 EST 2017

PyCon ZA 2017 will take place 5th & 6th October at The River Club, in
Observatory, Cape Town, South Africa. There will also be tutorial
sessions the day before the conference (the 4th) and we will hold
sprints on the 8th & 9th of October.

We are currently accepting proposals for talks. If you would like to
give a presentation, please register at https://za.pycon.org/ and
submit your proposal, following the instructions at
https://za.pycon.org/talks/submit-talk . We hope to notify accepted
presenters by no later than the 8th of September 2017.

The presentation slots will be 30 minutes long, with an additional 10
minutes for discussion at the end. Shared sessions are also possible.
The presentations will be in English.

PyCon ZA offers a mentorship program for inexperienced speakers. If
you would like assistance preparing your submission, email
team at za.pycon.org with a rough draft of your talk proposal and we'll
find a suitable experienced speaker to act as a mentor.

In addition to talks, we are also looking for proposals for tutorials,
demos, sprints and open spaces.

Tutorials will be held before the conference, and are expected to
provided in-depth coverage of a topic. The number of attendees will be
also be limited. We are accepting proposals for either half-day (4
hours) or full-day (8 hours) tutorials .

Demos are cool things for attendees to see and interact with.

Open spaces are open discussion forums where communities with a common
interest gather to present views, ask questions and meet people
interested in the topic.

Sprints are coding efforts and hack days that happen after the conference.

There's no need to register a sprint or open space topic upfront, but
doing so allows us to advertise them during the conference.

--
Neil Muller
On behalf of the PyCon ZA organising committee