ldap-client-cgi.py 0.4.1

Michael Ströder michael.stroeder@inka.de
Mon, 09 Aug 99 21:46:47 GMT

HI!

I want to announce a new version of ldap-client-cgi.py, a
WWW-LDAP-Gateway written in Python (you might have guessed it).

It's available for free (GPL) from

  http://sites.inka.de/ms/python/ldap-client-cgi/

I would like to encourage people to give feedback about the usability
of this program. And I would like to know about public LDAP servers with
good directory trees which allow public testing of LDAP clients.
(memberdir.netscape.com, ldap.infospace.com and directory.verisign.com
all suck!)

Ciao, Michael.

A lot of work was done since 0.3.1:
- bind without input of full bind-dn
  (anon search seeks for complete DN first)
- working tree traversal
- almost every parameter configurable for each LDAP host separately
- vCard's for easy download of addresses in address books
  of NS Comm. and MS IE.
- LDIF output of search results for bulk downloading of addresses
  (no binary attributes up to now)
- improvements to the user interface
- clean login behaviour
- minor HTML improvements

<P><A HREF="http://sites.inka.de/ms/python/ldap-client-cgi/"
>ldap-client-cgi.py 0.4.1</A> - LDAP web client; many
improvements since last version.  (09-Aug-99)

--
----------- comp.lang.python.announce (moderated) ----------
Article Submission Address:  python-announce@python.org