Python SECS-I implementation

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Mon, 12 Jul 99 01:45:23 GMT

The MEMS Exchange (http://www.mems-exchange.org) is making secs_i.py,
a Python implementation of the SECS-I protocol, freely available.
For more information, see the following URL:

    http://www.mems-exchange.org/exchange/software/secs-i/

SECS-I is the SEMI Equipment Control Standard I, a protocol supported
by a lot of the equipment used in semiconductor fabs.  We needed it to
control the optics of the Leica INM200 microscope, but it may be
useful to other people who want to talk to various pieces of
semiconductor manufacturing equipment.  (I was unable to find a free
implementation of SECS-I, though various companies sell commercial
libraries.)

The code has actually been available for a while, buried inside the
Remote Microscope distribution that's also available from the MEMS
Exchange; secs_i.py is being made separately available to make it
easier for outsiders to find the code.  Bug reports and improvements
are welcome.

==
God made the Idiot for practice, and then He made the School Board.
    -- Mark Twain

<P><A HREF="http://www.mems-exchange.org/exchange/software/secs-i/">SECS-I
implementation</A> - Python implementation of the SEMI Equipment Control
Standard protocol for equipment used in semiconductor fabs.  (11-Jul-99)

--
----------- comp.lang.python.announce (moderated) ----------
Article Submission Address:  python-announce@python.org