Article about Python in Hungary

Zsolt Hever never@matavnet.hu
Thu, 24 Jun 99 16:40:28 GMT

Hi there,

I saw  a discussion about "Is Python dying?" on the mailing list some
months ago. That time I decided to write an article about Python in a
paper. Now the article was published in the CHIP Magazine in Hungary
yesterday. The title is The friendly snake.  I made a HTML version of
that <http://www.cab.u-szeged.hu/~h532851/cikk/index.htm>. It was
written on the  base of the FAQ, interviews, articles about Python
and other languages (Perl, Rebol) and my experience.

The content:
========
Shortly about Python
What language is that?
Installing of Python
Documentation and examples
Learning the language
Writing and running of Python programs
Life of Python
Some interesting developments
Summary

Hungary is not a big country (10 million inhabitants), and
not everybody is a programmer. I put a counter on the main page
<http://www.cab.u-szeged.hu/~h532851/python.htm> to see the interest.

I hope it helps Python to be known better.

Zsolt

<P><A HREF="http://www.cab.u-szeged.hu/~h532851/cikk/index.htm">The
Friendly Snake</A> - an article about Python published in the
Hungarian edition of CHIP magazine (in Hungarian).  (23-Jun-99)

--
----------- comp.lang.python.announce (moderated) ----------
Article Submission Address:  python-announce@python.org