Zope Weekly News - Wed, 10 Nov 1999
Thu, 11 Nov 99 01:20:29 GMT
Zope 2.1 beta one was released this week. There will probably be a
relatively short beta period before Zope 2.1 final comes out. Zope 2.1
focuses on boosting reliability and performance.
In other news, Zope community members continue to crank out code,
documentation, publicity, and all manner of excitement.
* Zope 2.1.0 beta 1 was released. This release includes many bug
fixes, performance and reliability improvements and a number of new
features such as the beginnings of internationalization support and
relevance ranking for ZCatalog.
* Paul Everitt announced that there will be a Zope track at the
upcoming Python conference in January. There are still two slots open if
you're interesting in giving a Zope presentation.
* Simon Michael announced ZWiki 0.2, a Wiki-style on-line
* Pavlos Christoforou released ZpdfDocument-0-0-1, a Zope product to
create PDF output from structured text and HTML. Very cool!
* Edd Dumbill announced SiteSummary 1.2.1, which allows you to manage
RSS channels within Zope.
* Zope guru Martijn Pieters posted a summary of his Zope talk at
NLUUG, the Dutch UNIX Users Group. Interesting stuff.
* Evan Simpson enhanced his awesome Python Method product which allows
you manage Python methods though the web.
* Paul Everitt posted an interesting summary of what it would take to
get GNOME talking to Zope.
* Itamar Shtull-Trauring announced ZCache Product v0.1 which allows
caching of Zope method calls. This looks like a very interesting start
at addressing caching issues in Zope.
* Linux.com is now running a Zope banner ad created by Michael
Bernstein. Linux.com hosts banner ads for a number of Linux community
* Alexandre Ratti posted an extensive How-To on creating and using
HTML selection lists in Zope.
* Doug Hellmann released Chameleon 0.1.0, a Zope product which allows
content to be themed.
* Jon Udell mentioned Zope again on Byte.com, this time in a column on
Linux and ODBC.
See you next week.
Amos Latteier mailto:email@example.com
Digital Creations http://www.digicool.com
----------- comp.lang.python.announce (moderated) ----------
Article Submission Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Python Language Home Page: http://www.python.org/
Python Quick Help Index: http://www.python.org/Help.html