HTMLized calendar module (html_cal.py)

Fred Pacquier fredp@multimania.com.nospam
Fri, 24 Sep 99 01:14:36 GMT

FWIW:

For a small project I did at work I needed to create web pages with
calendars that could be modified by a python script on a regular basis
(like adding links to month names, days, week numbers...).

I thought I would find something similar ready-made on the net, but I
didn't. So I took the standard library module calendar.py and turned into
html_cal.py.

There is only one new method that creates a monthly calendar like
prmonth(), except that:

- it prints week numbers
- it returns a string instead of printing to stdio
- month names, weekdays and week numbers are tagged with "pseudo-HTML", ie
tags that will not display until some other script has changed them to
actual <a href=""> or such.

It's probably not the purest python code in the world (mine, I mean :) as
I'm quite new to this, but it does the job. If it may be of use to anyone,
just mail me (beware the .nospam :). If it's already been done better,
please enlighten me, too.

==
YAFAP : http://www.multimania.com/fredp/

<P><A HREF="http://www.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=517487300&fmt=text">html_cal.py</A> -
a modified version of the standard calendar.py library module, for creating
calendars in HTML; mail author Fred Pacquier for source code.  (26-Aug-99)

--
----------- comp.lang.python.announce (moderated) ----------
Article Submission Address:  python-announce@python.org