Zope Weekly News - Wed, 29 Sep 1999
Thu, 30 Sep 99 06:59:50 GMT
This week saw Zope firing on all cylinders. Performance enhancements
trickled into CVS, while Zopistas far and wide released cool new Zope
* After some Apache problems last week, Zope.org seems to be running
well. Zope.org now sports 50 user contributed How-Tos and 20 user
contributed Zope products. Go team!
* beehive released 'beehive Calendar' another cool Zope product.
* The prolific Evan Simpson released SiteAccess 0.0.1 and PythonMethod
0.1.2. The PythonMethod product allows editing Python methods through
the web, and the SiteAccess product allows virtual hosting support.
* There was quite a bit of discussion on zope-dev about WYSIWYG tools
and Zope. Dylan Jay kicked off the conversation and many others chimed
in with opinions about how Zope should or could support WYSIWYG editing.
* Another hot topic on zope-dev was source control and how to get
access to object versions from outside ZODB.
* Jim Fulton proposed a SiteObject Zope product to allow virtual
hosting from one Zope process. Lots of folks expressed opinions. There
seem to be several Zope products in development along these lines
already, including Adam Feuer's VirtualHostFolder and Evan Simpson's
* Hugh Emberson's sqltest patch hit CVS. Here's yet another great
* Paul Everitt announced that a Sybase level 3 database adapter is now
* Chris Baron pointed out that Zope was mentioned in Infoworld as
example of a Linux application server in Maggie Biggs's "Enterprise
* The ZClasses Tutorial has been updated for Zope 2.0. This tutorial is
the first chapter in the forthcoming Zope Developer's Guide.
* Pavlos Christoforou announced ZSupervisor V0.1a a utility to control
Keep on Zopin'.
Amos Latteier mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Digital Creations http://www.digicool.com
----------- comp.lang.python.announce (moderated) ----------
Article Submission Address: email@example.com
Python Language Home Page: http://www.python.org/
Python Quick Help Index: http://www.python.org/Help.html