Mailing lists are moving

Barry A. Warsaw barry@digicool.com
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 12:14:51 -0500

Hello folks,

Digital Creations has reserved a new machine to handle the Mailman
mailing lists for the Python.Org domain.  The machine that currently
runs the mailing lists has been having resource problems for a long
time now.  I hope that with the boost in hardware and disk space, the
lists will run smooth for a long time to come.

Over the next several days, I'll be migrating the lists one-by-one to
the new machine.  This should be almost entirely transparent to you.
You don't need to change the way you access the lists, either via
email or via the web.

However during the transition for each list, I will be shutting off
mail and web for short periods of time, making Mailman inaccessible
either via mail or web for a few minutes.  Mail will be less of a
problem because it'll just queue up until the server is restarted.
Web access will fail temporarily, but a reload a few minutes later
should be just fine.

This will /not/ affect access to the rest of the www.python.org
material.

You can send questions or problems to me directly.
-Barry