ReportLab Release 0.90 - Dynamic PDF from Python
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 17:22:00

I got a lot of mails like the  following, but I did NOT Subscribe for
this informations. Who is able to do, please stop the messages!

Mit freundlichen Gr=FC=DFen
R. Langenberg

90530 Wendelstein
Johann Trinker Str. 5
Fon: 09129/1047
Fax: 09129/5159

From: "Andy Robinson" <>
To: Internet Mail::[]; Internet Mail::[<python-announce-li=
st@p>]; Internet Mail::[<>]; Internet Mail::["Re=
Lab Users" <>]; Internet Mail::[<pythonpiddle@eg=

Subject: ReportLab Release 0.90 - Dynamic PDF from Python
Date: 3/28/00 15:20 =

Release 0.90 of the ReportLab PDF library is now available at or

ReportLab is a library for directly generating PDF files in Python.  It
be used for all manner of reporting requirements including
- dynamic PDF reports in real time from web sites
- back office forms printing and reporting
- adding a cross-platform "Print Preview" capability to applications.

This release adds experimental support for two major features:
- hypertext links within documents
- support for "forms", which allow any graphics to be stored once in a
form at the beginning of the file, and drawn 'by reference'.  These can
dramatically compact and speed up large jobs.

In addition, there are many minor additions including library modules
standard colors, units and pagesizes.

Many demos and third-party contributions are available at our home page,  Check out the live demos now!

The discussion group for the project is; subscribe on the web, or
an email to with 'Subscribe' in
subject line.

Andy Robinson
CEO, ReportLab Inc.