[ANN] PyDO 1.0.1 Object-Relational mapping released!
Drew Csillag <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 10:47:07 -0400
Go to the PyDO page for more details:
Download it here:
* now works with Python 2.2a1
* many fixes to the PostgreSQL driver
What is PyDO?
PyDO is a Object-Relational database access tool. Unlike many other
O-R database access tools, PyDO:
* easy to wrap your head around
* doesn't constrain your schema to what it thinks databases should
* if you need/want to override the way it does it's work, it's not
a major surgical effort
* has tools that will, given a database connection (for Oracle and
PostgreSQL anyway) can do a lot of the work for you in writing
your data classes.
* like any good tool, makes the easy stuff a no-brainer and makes
the harder things easier too.
* works with more than one database (currently Oracle, PostgreSQL
and MySQL, but others are definitely possible)
* is easy to figure out how it works and when it does things so
that you won't piss off your DB admin