ANNOUNCE: work-in-progress SCons design doc available

Steven Knight knight@baldmt.com
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 11:28:31 -0500 (CDT)

A work-in-progress design document for the Python-based SCons software
construction tool is now available at the SCons documentation page:

	http://www.scons.org/doc.html

The SCons design document is available in HTML, PDF, and PostScript.

The design document is very much an in-progress work and will change in
response to additional discussion and input. In particular, the document
has a number of sections where questions are open, input is needed, etc.
Input on these issues (or any other) is very welcome.

The design is largely based on the ScCons design from last
year's Software Carpentry contest, with changes based on
ongoing discussion on the SCons development mailing list:

	scons-devel@lists.sourceforge.net

An initial alpha release of SCons, containing support for an initial,
minimal subset of its functionality, is currently targetted for release
within the next three months.  (Now we'll see how close we come to
that... :-)

	--SK