RELEASED: Python 2.1.1

Guido van Rossum guido@digicool.com
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 13:03:32 -0400

I've released Python 2.1.1 today.  This is the final version of this
bugfix release for Python 2.1, and should be fully compatible with
Python 2.1.  There should be *no* reason to use 2.1 any more.  Many
thanks to Thomas Wouters for being the release manager!  Pick up your
copy here:

    http://www.python.org/2.1.1/

Python 2.1.1 is GPL-compatible.  This means that it is okay to
distribute Python binaries linked with GPL-licensed software; Python
itself is not released under the GPL but under a less restrictive
license which is Open Source compliant.

PS: I've noticed some disarray of mail sent through python.org; this
seems to have to do with the dysfunctional ORBS "spam-checker".  See
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2001-July/016151.html for
details.