ANN: port of Python 2.1 to OS/2+EMX

Andrew MacIntyre
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 18:34:12 +1000 (EST)

I have uploaded a port of Python 2.1 to the incoming directories of
the Hobbes ( and LEO ( OS/2
software archives.

This port supports the case sensitive module import semantics
introduced in Python 2.1 for case-insensitive but case preserving
file systems (such as used by the MS-Windows family of OSes, as well
as OS/2).

The distributed archives are: (binary installation package, 2.9MB) (source patches and makefiles, 108kB)

More info available at;
the above archives are also available there if you can't find them
at Hobbes or LEO.

OS/2 users enjoy!

E-mail:    (work) | Snail: PO Box 370  (play) |        Belconnen  ACT  2616           (play2) |        Australia